Budget Approved for FY 2023-24
The Sacramento County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously yesterday to revise the Approved Budget for the 2023-24 fiscal year.
The $8.8 billion Revised Recommended Budget included an increase of $355 million in total appropriations from the $8.4 billion Recommended Budget the Board approved in June.
Read the News Story
Board Approves Budget Priorities
The Sacramento County Board of Supervisors, at its Dec. 8, 2022 meeting, approved the budget priorities based on public input, staff recommendations and the results of a survey of adult residents of Sacramento County.
Read the news story
Read the full survey results
- Develops the County's Recommended Approval and Adopted Budgets and modeling of multiyear budget outlook.
- Revenue projection and analysis.
- Monitors County's budget throughout the fiscal year and makes recommendations on midyear adjustments.
- Manages the County's General Fund cash-flow
- Oversees issuance of County debt for financing of cash-flow and capital facilities.
- Manages County's Fixed Asset Acquisition Fund for internal financing of equipment lease purchases and certain capital facilities projects.
- Oversees the creation of benefit assessment districts and the issuance of related debt.
The Chief Fiscal Officer (CFO)
The Chief Fiscal Officer (CFO) is responsible for the overall management of the budget function, oversight and coordination of County fiscal and budget matters.