Fiscal Year (FY) 2022-23 Recommended Budget Released
Details of the $7.3 billion spending plan are available here. The Board of Supervisors will begin hearings on the Recommended Budget at 2 p.m., Wednesday, June 8, in Board Chambers (700 H Street, Sacramento). The hearings will continue at 9:30 a.m. through June 9 and June 10, if necessary.
Members of the public may attend the hearings and be heard on any items in the budget, either publicly, over the phone or through written comments. The budget hearings will also be telecast live on Metro Cable 14 and on the web.
Read the FY 2022-23 Recommended Budget News Story
Board Approves Budget Priorities for FY 2022-23
The Sacramento County Board of Supervisors, at its Dec. 8 meeting, approved the budget priorities for Fiscal Year 2022-23 based on public input, staff recommendations and the results of a survey of adult residents of Sacramento County.
Read the news story
Read the full survey results
- Develops the County's Recommended Approval and Adopted Budgets and modeling of multiyear budget outlook.
- Revenue projection and analysis.
- Monitors County's budget throughout the fiscal year and makes recommendations on midyear adjustments.
- Manages the County's General Fund cash-flow
- Oversees issuance of County debt for financing of cash-flow and capital facilities.
- Manages County's Fixed Asset Acquisition Fund for internal financing of equipment lease purchases and certain capital facilities projects.
- Oversees the creation of benefit assessment districts and the issuance of related debt.
The Chief Fiscal Officer (CFO)
The Chief Fiscal Officer (CFO) is responsible for the overall management of the budget function, oversight and coordination of County fiscal and budget matters.