The Office of Budget and Debt Management is responsible for monitoring and analyzing the County’s fiscal condition, preparing and administering the County’s Annual Budget and managing the General Fund's cash-flow. This office is also responsible for the issuance and management of all County debt.
Budget Explorer Tool
In order to promote transparency and help residents better understand the budget, Sacramento County has launched an application, “Budget Explorer Tool,” which will give users the chance to explore a breakdown of where the County’s money comes from and how the County plans to spend it by agency, department and expenditure categories.
Visit the Budget Explorer Tool to get a clearer picture about the County’s budget.
Public Budget Workshop
The Chief Fiscal Officer for Sacramento County presented a Public Budget Workshop: Overview of the County Budget and Budget Process on Oct. 27. View the PowerPoint presentation for a better understanding of the budget and process.
FY 2021-22 Budget in Brief
Read the Budget in Brief Document to learn:
- Where the $6.5 billion in planned spending comes from
- How the County plans to spend it
- Key budget concepts and processes
- Fiscal issues facing the County
- How to get involved in the County's budget process
Chief Fiscal Officer (CFO)
The Chief Fiscal Officer (CFO) is responsible for the overall management of the budget function, oversight and coordination of County fiscal and budget matters.
- Develops the County's Recommended Approval and Adopted Budgets and modeling of multiyear budget outlook.
- Revenue projection and analysis.
- Monitors County's budget throughout the fiscal year and makes recommendations on midyear adjustments.
- Manages the County's General Fund cash-flow
- Oversees issuance of County debt for financing of cash-flow and capital facilities.
- Manages County's Fixed Asset Acquisition Fund for internal financing of equipment lease purchases and certain capital facilities projects.
- Oversees the creation of benefit assessment districts and the issuance of related debt.